MPTUO1a: Introduction to Psychology – Fall 2020
Week 13 / Unit 8: Personality
- Chapter 3: Personality Development in Psychology 101 by Dr. Christopher L. Heffner 
- Chapter 3: Introduction to Development, Personality, and Stage Theories
- Chapter 3.2: Motor and Cognitive Development
- Chapter 3.3: Erikson’s Stages of Psychosocial Development
- Chapter 3.4: Freud’s Stages of Psychosexual Development
- Chapter 3.5: Freud’s Structural and Topographical Model
- Chapter 3.6: Freud’s Ego Defense Mechanisms
- Chapter 3.7: Kohlberg’s Stages of Moral Development
- Chapter 11: Personality, Part One: What is Personality? in Psychology: An Introduction by Russell A. Dewey, PhD 
- Chapter 11: Personality, Part Two: Freud’s Theory in Psychology: An Introduction by Russell A. Dewey, PhD 
- Chapter 11: Personality, Part Three: NeoFreudian Theories in Psychology: An Introduction by Russell A. Dewey, PhD 
Perspectives on personality
- 1.1 Evaluate psychodynamic theories.
- 1.2 Evaluate trait theories.
- 1.3 Evaluate humanistic theories.
- 1.4 Evaluate social-cognitive theories.
Assessment of personality
- 2.1 Differentiate personality assessment techniques.
- 2.2 Discuss the reliability and validity of personality assessment techniques.
Issues in personality
- 3.1 Discuss biological and situational influences.
- 3.2 Discuss stability and change.
- 3.3 Discuss connections to health and work.
- 3.4 Discuss self-concept.
- 3.5 Analyze how individualistic and collectivistic cultural perspectives relate to personality.
Major Assignments and Deadlines
- Participate. Make a minimum of 2 original comments or discussion posts and 2 responses to someone else.
- Watch the Unit 8 Videos.
- Study the Unit 7 Slides.
- Review the Unit 8 Resources.
- Review the Unit 8 Study Guide.
- Take Quiz 14: Personality Development
- Personality. (n.d.). In Wikipedia. Retrieved June 18, 2020, from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personality
- Heffner, Dr. Christopher L. (2001, April 1). Psychology 101. All Psych. https://allpsych.com/psychology101/
- Dewey, Dr. Russell A. (2017). Psychology: An Introduction. Psych Web. https://www.psywww.com/intropsych/
- The American Psychological Association’s Teachers of Psychology in Secondary Schools (APA TOPSS) course template.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International Licence. Contact My Psych Teacher for more information.